A woman is walking along the street, her attire catches everybody’s eyes: she is clothed within the latest fashion. She attracts everybody’s attention, including yours, not only with her toilet, but also with conscious brilliance. Are you delighted? Are you envious?
Vainly! In fact, her appearance – is an proof her deep inner complexes. There is a science “psychology of clothing”, where the concept “fashion victim” – will not be a popular phrase, but a clinical diagnosis. Orientation exceptionally on the last word in vogue – is actually a sign of heightened hypochondria, a woman’s psychological dependence on other people’s opinion, uncultivated self-respect.
According to psychologists, a man, whose costume is very considered (no matter what one, even a skiing one), often attempts to hide his colossal diffidence and prove his value, attract attention and quite often to verify his superiority with the aid of some attire.
All-sufficient, steady individuals with various interests usually dress in rather simple way, not revealing, and interest in new trends reasonably, not looking for new labels. They think quite comfortable wearing as old jeans, being an evening toilet (generally speaking, rather reserved).
Moreover, to psychologists’ opinion, one can discern some certain type of self-consciousness behind each style.
1. Classic style. Its main feature – are moderation and traditional nature together with fashionable trends without carrying to extremes. Quite self-confident people, who do not feel any heightened necessity to prove their magnitude to other people, moreover using Grunge Clothing, keep for this style.
2. Sporty style. Prominent organization men, bankers and other rich men, who always used a design “costume-cravat”, suddenly began sweeping away jogging shoes, sporting cloth, rucksacks or sportive bags from counters. Yes, of course, today an idea of youthful appearance and healthy lifestyle has seized a strong hold on our minds, but this will not mean all of these people went set for sport or invigoration. This cloth was a standard not merely for exercising, but in addition for rest, vacation. A choose visible simplicity and liberation means striving of well-to-do sections to “including poor”, as psychologists consider.
3. Grunge style. A style of “shabby cloth” gave designers a good task! They may be cutting off and out, ripping up, soaking cloth in chloric acid, pressing, imitating spots and patches knowingly – they are doing each one of these things only just because a “grunge” style comes into fashion. Tattered pullovers, dresses, coming unraveled, dirty jeans are offered in leading couturier’s shops and ordinary boutiques. This can be a challenge to elegance, struggle with stylishness, expensive refined cloths and impeccable seams. If earlier it absolutely was impossible to visit out wearing the same dress more than once, now “grunge” style praises scruffiness, as should it be saying: we are wearing the same cloth all the time!
Nevertheless, all this crude “old” cloth surpasses all good prices. Some Levi’s models will cost more than 6 lots of money! This trend, often causing associations with hippie from Beatles days, displays neglect to cloth as well as a challenge to social inequality. However, psychologists consider that a design of “chic rubbish heap”, which bourgeoisie put into its arsenal, says about its self-destruction and can even be treated as asking forgiveness for sins – similarly to medieval monastic rags.
4. Exotic (ethnic) style. Hindu, Chinese, Arabian and other oriental motives can be just a fashionable detail for one people, along with a completed style and manner of clothing for other people. Such choice testifies to one’s thirst for traveling, mental escape to exotic countries, where all things are not too grey, like around. Exotic style, covered with bright national legends and traditions, says about one’s wish to live in a fairy-tale, escape from reality for some dream world. Nevertheless it can also be a sign of owned by culture, philosophy of some country, for example, Buddhism.
5. Military style. Khaki color, camouflage pattern, details, peculiar to military cloth, high heavy boots – some women do like this style. You have not to be a psychologist to understand that this means escape from feminine, a desire to gain a foothold in these masculine qualities, like decisiveness and power. A clue to one’s passion for uniform (and then for man’s style in general) should be searched in childhood, in too strict father’s upbringing, often military people, or fathers dreaming about son and talking about daughters, like she was actually a boy…
6. Country style. Variegated skirt, loose blouse, decorated with patterns, laces or drawn-work, shoes without heels, simple beads, straw hat – these are generally attributes of natural, or country style. Simple, natural cloths and straightforward-minded, plain pelltn are typical for this. This style can become a sign of one’s nostalgia on country life or testify about one’s ecologic views. A straw hat along with a chintz skirt are saying with one accord using their possessor: our company is not synthetic, our company is natural!
7. “La Femme Fatal”. This style is everlasting, but it is marked with fashionable attributes: high-heel shoes, skirt with cut, deep décolleté, strings and open-work stocking. A woman-temptress, a female-vamp, oversteps the limits of elegant moderation venturesomely, and self-affirms, being an object of men’s lust. Strangely enough, deciding on a this style does not always mean a woman’s heightened sexuality. We can rather state that such woman fails to see any other advantages in herself, that could attract men’s attention to her and cause their delight.