“Do I actually need a Facebook Page? Isn’t my Personal Profile (friends page) sufficient?” These are questions that I get asked a whole lot as being a social media marketing strategist. First of all, let’s clarify what is meant by each of these terms:
Personal User profile – User profiles represent people and should take place under an individual title. This is your “house foundation” for Facebook – the entity which has Buddies, LIKEs issues, joins organizations, and a lot more.
Facebook Web page – permit a business, company, celeb, or music group to maintain a specialist existence on Facebook.
My opinion on this has changed with time and I have to admit which it truly is dependent upon numerous factors. Everyone will not need a Facebook Web page. The following concerns will help you decide.
1. Do you wish to be seen by the Search Engines? Facebook pages get lots of “Google juice.” This is often important if someone is trying to find you or perhaps for one of the specific important term words that you are currently trying to position for. Even though someone will not be a member of Facebook, your Facebook Page can be viewed by anybody – not too for a Personal User profile. Frequently, a Facebook Page will rank higher than your website.
2. Who may be your target audience? Keep in mind when “friends” had been people that you really realized? Are all of your possible and current clients people who you actually know? Should you only work with individuals which you have personally met, then perhaps you don’t require one. Nevertheless, if you wish to connect with people that you haven’t really fulfilled in person – or don’t think about a buddy – a web page is really a much better way to do that.
Facebook is obvious once you issue a friend ask for that you really have to know anyone. The number of individuals will never ever reach out to you because they might not have fulfilled you or they could not really think that you are a friend – even just in the social media marketing sensation of the phrase?
3. Just how much publishing concerning your business are you planning to do? Over time, I actually have talked with a number of people who may have really experienced their personal accounts de-activate by Facebook because they had been utilizing it to advertise an organization. The “Facebook slap” or shut down appears to occur much more once the company becoming promoted is really a physical business.
I think that the lines blur for consultants, speakers, attorneys yet others who are within the “believed business.” It appears that Facebook is a lot more lenient with that form of promotion, training and revealing. However, because the old Donny and Marie song employed to help remind us, you need to be “Slightly Country, Slightly Rock and roll and Roll.”
4. Do you want to have the capacity to personalize and create a small-web site? Facebook apps for Pages are becoming so versatile and effective that you could produce small-web sites within Facebook – not so for personal user profiles. You can add custom obtaining pages (Delightful) with videos, e-mail optin boxes, blog rss feeds and a lot more.
5. Do you want to blend company and personal? For most of us, it is great to keep these separate. Personal buddies don’t always want to hear about your business and vice versa. Consider your Personal User profile when your House as well as your Page when your Office. You wouldn’t article pictures of your own holiday on your workplace. Likewise, many people don’t have their own business papers spread out all over the house. Splitting up could be a great thing.
These initial few questions may lead you to believe, YES!, I want a Facebook Page. Nevertheless, this is actually the key question you need to request just before launching one.
The length of time and energy are you willing to put into a Facebook Page? A Facebook Web page requires plenty of work to get connection and engagement. Because of the way the Facebook “Edgerank” algorithm criteria functions, individuals often don’t see any articles you do out of your Web page. You can usually get far more connection on your own Personal User profile.
Many people essentially give up their Pages right after investing a lot of time and energy to have them setup. One option is to employ someone who will regularly article your site content to your Web page allowing you to have a regular existence. Then, all you have to do would be to check out the page often and connect with the people who comment on your site content.
My suggestion for most company owners: Indeed, one does require a Business Page. Even when the only thing you do is placed it and create a article which says, “I really hope this page offers some important information about my company. I kssiiw almost all of my Facebook time in my Personal Profile. Make sure you send out me a information there at (URL for Facebook User Title).”
Another important choice to consider when switching to a web page is if you need to simply convert your Personal Profile to your company Page. Facebook now enables you to do this. Be forewarned that it is not for your faint of cardiovascular system. There are several significant problems that must be regarded as before you decide to do that. Check the Facebook Assist area to learn more about this.